Wednesday, October 3, 2012

General Conference and Fruit - Lots of Fruit!


General Conference and Fruit!

The past few days I have so wanted to follow up on the General Relief Society broadcast.  Now General Conference is almost here.  There is so, so much to say on that topic.

My timing is off this week.  Instead of catching up on the last of the conference talks from April.

My house looks like this:


And this:


And this is sitting on the counter:


This is in the freezer waiting:


There is also a 14 lb bucket of boysenberry puree so far back in the freezer that I might forget about it until I am trying to get stuff in there for Thanksgiving.

My plan is to have all this mess cleared away and pretty little jars of apple butter, berry jam,  and rhubarb jam all lined up on the shelves in the basement before the first session starts at 10:00 on Saturday.

While I am not here posting this week check out some of the other blogs out there.  Diapers and Divinity has a great post going this week.  I know there are others.  I take a peek at them each time I wipe my hands off and go in for the next round of hot jars and rings.

I am anxious to sequester myself on the couch and drink in the words of our leaders.  It seems each time there is something that must be said just to me.  Instruction that I have been needing and answers to questions I have.

I saw a cute idea on another blog where the family wrote out each of their questions on a piece of paper and put it on the wall near their TV.  When answers seem to fit their questions they can go up and write what they hear on papers taped to the wall.  (check out onbeinglds.blogspot.com)  I like this idea well enough that my plan is to make a list of my questions on several pages in the back of my notebook.  When the answers come, and they will,  I will record my impressions there.  Great idea!!!

I am grateful that we have a living prophet upon the earth that leads this church under the direction of the Savior.  I know there are many who do not believe this is possible, yet there are many like me that know it to be so and are grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This weekend is huge to us.  We look forward to it.  We prepare for it and we are hopefully changed by it.






No comments:

Post a Comment